Present an Investment Opportunity
Do you run a great local business committed to supporting a sustainable economy?
LION:PDX members are local investors interested in making loans for expansion, capital improvements, lines-of-credit, refinancing of existing debt, or gap-funding. At this time LION:PDX only accepts funding applications from businesses with a proven record of profitability. We do not offer start-up funding. (Read about why.)
Here are some questions to consider when thinking about sharing your opportunity with LION:PDX members.
- Are you strongly rooted in your community and have a significant local following but can’t or don’t want to get “traditional financing” from banks and commercial lenders?
- Is your business beyond the start-up phase? Are you committed to growing your business and creating jobs in Portland and the surrounding region?
- Do you have a clear business plan and supporting documents for your investment opportunity?
If you have answered yes to these questions and are interested in sharing your investment opportunity with LION:PDX members, here’s what to do next:
- Get to know a LION:PDX member. You must know at least one member in order to submit your proposal. If you don’t know any members, you can attend a LION:PDX informational meeting. Sign-up for our newsletter to receive updates about when these meetings occur.
- Once you have a member-sponsor, fill out an Investment Opportunity form and e-mail it to: email@example.com. Include any supporting documents such as a business plan, market research, and a personal profile. The more quality information you provide, the more likely it is that investors will be interested in your business.
- We will notify you by email that we have received your completed submission form. We will then forward your request to LION:PDX members for their consideration and may invite you to present in person at a LION:PDX meeting.
- If a LION:PDX member is interested in your opportunity, they will contact you directly.
If you have questions not answered here, please contact us.